What is Popliteus Muscle Strain?
The popliteus is a small muscle that runs behind the knee and the popliteus tendon connects the muscle to the thigh bone (femur). Compared to the hamstrings above and the calf below, it is often overlooked in knee and lower leg injuries.
The hamstrings refer to 3 long posterior leg muscles, the biceps femoris, semitendinosus, and semimembranosus. These muscles start at the bottom of your pelvis extending down the back of your thigh and along either side of your knee, to your lower leg bones.
The popliteus muscle has four basic jobs.
1. It helps us to start the motion of flexing the knee/leg.
2. It allows us once the our leg/knee is straighten to unlocked and return to motion. If you have tightness or shortening of the popliteus you would not have full range of motion with your leg and knee (less bend with the knee and unable to fully straighten you leg).
3. The final most important movement the popliteus helps with is the hinge action of the knee between the upper and lower leg. For a runner, this becomes critical for 2 reasons:
Shortness of the popliteus muscle would lead to an improper foot plant and excess pronation.
- a balanced gait is only achieved when this muscle is functioning properly
- when the foot of the leg is in the air during a run, the popliteus powers the leg toward the next foot strike
4. It withdraws the meniscus in the knee to prevent the tissue from becoming trapped (impinged) in the knee joint.
Symptoms of Popliteus Muscle Strain?
Popliteus muscle strain causes pain at the back of the knee in the fold of your leg, that ranges from mild to severe. Walking downhill or extensive running will increase pain. Standing on a slightly bent knee or rotating the knee may increase your pain. Some people may experience a cracking sound from the muscle/tendon when moved or touched. You may feel that your injured knee may give way under stress or may lock or catch.
Chronic popliteus muscle strain will produce pain first thing in the morning. For runners with a chronic popliteus condition, they will have pain at the beginning of a run. The pain slowly subsides during the run, as your increased heart rate, activity, and blood flow help reduce inflammation in the popliteus muscle.
Causes of Popliteus Muscle Strain
Popliteus muscle strain is often caused by:
- Chronic overuse
- having a muscle strength imbalance in your hamstring muscles can cause the popliteus to weaken.
- Having an unstable knee due to a torn ligament, torn meniscus or arthritis
- A naturally inward rolling foot (over-pronation) combined with a low arch or flat feet will put added stress on popliteus muscle & tendon tissue.
- Athletes involved in running sports that have not warmed-up enough before activity
- Bad or worn-out footwear without correct support can cause the foot and your lower leg to over-rotate, placing added stress on the popliteus
- A sudden increase in hill-training (running or hiking up and down hills more than you usually do)
- Acute sudden trauma to the popliteus muscle or a strain to the knee may strain or partially tear the popliteus
Three Grades of Strain Severity
Minor - Grade 1 Strain/Pull
A grade 1 pull means you have slightly pulled muscles or very small tears in these muscles. You will generally feel mild cramping which will be a little tender or uncomfortable, but will involve little swelling or loss of strength.
Moderate - Grade 2 Strain/Pull
Grade 2 pulls are more severe and painful than a grade 1 pull. This will involve a partial tearing of the fibers in your muscle, tendon, or where the tendon attaches to bone. You will generally experience pain, along with swelling, decreased range of motion and strength, as well as difficulty walking or running. Your muscles will often be painful when you touch them.
Severe - Grade 3 Groin Strain/Pull
Severe groin pulls involve a complete tear (rupture) of muscle fibers - usually where the muscle meets tendon or where the tendon attaches to bone. A grade 3 Strain/Pull is very painful and thankfully, less frequent. You will tend to experience a burning or stabbing pain, a lot of swelling and significant loss of strength. You will experience total loss of range of motion in the leg; bruising in the injured area is common and likely. This type of pull or strain will require a surgical repair as there is complete detachment.
Popliteus Muscle Strain Diagnosis
A visit to your doctor is the best way for diagnoses of any type of knee / leg pain. To help your doctor discover your diagnosis, he/she will begin with a medical history about you, your current condition and symptoms. He/she will ask about the level of your pain, how long you have had your symptoms and the limitations you are experiencing. Details about what and when problem started, and whether or not you have ever had treatments for this or a similar condition in the past, are very helpful in assessing your injury.
The symptoms of a popliteus injury are very close to suffering from a MCL tear (Medial Collateral Ligament) or meniscus tear. And, your doctor will ask you to preform a 'muscle test' to cause the muscle to contraction and be looking for weakness and pain in the popliteus area.
Diagnostic testing may be ordered help discover your source of leg pain. Often used to rule out other conditions. MRIs (magnetic resonance imaging) will provide more detailed information and will help to evaluate the soft tissues in and around your area of pain (muscles, tendons, ligaments, and other connective tissues). It can identify ligament or tendon damage, and can help to determine the extent of your injury, the displacement and degree of your tear or inflammation, as well as other associated knee / leg conditions.
Healing From A Popliteus Muscle Strain -
What You Can Do!
The good news is that most cases of popliteus muscle strains will heal with simple home conservative treatments within 6 weeks. Prolonged healing time, if you improperly treated or re-injured, re-ocurring symptoms is an sign that you have a chronic condition. If symptoms persist for greater than 6 months or conservative treatments may surgery may be needed.
It's generally understood by doctors and surgeons, that surgery will introduce more scar tissue into the soft tissue of the muscle & tendon. This added scar tissue will be problematic, requiring physical therapy and conservative treatment options post-surgery. This is why surgery is only performed as a last resort for chronic tendinitis injuries that won't heal with conservative treatment methods.
Some of the most effective conservative treatment methods to avoid surgery are:
- Rest - This is important for initial healing to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation in the early stage of your soft tisse injury. Too much rest can also be harmful as joint immobility can actually cause stiffening, overcompensation and atrophy (wasting away of soft tissue). This is why rest should be used when reducing initial pain and swelling, but should not be considered for more long-term conservative treatment.
- Avoid Activities that Caused Your Injury - While resting your problematic joint, it's important to avoid activities that may have caused your injury in the first place and this definitely includes pretty much any type of sport or repetitive movements that might be undertaken when working. Continuing on with regular activities will not only make your injury worse, but trying to 'work around' your injury will eventually give rise to over-compensation injuries in other areas of your body.
- Use a Cold Compress or Ice Pack - Cold is very effective at reducing pain and inflammation - use at the onset of the injury and during flareups.
- Use Blood Circulation Boost (Blood Circulation Boost) - You can use your own blood flow to maximize your rehabilitation, maintain healthy blood flow to your muscles, tendons (and other surrounding soft tissue), decrease recovery time, and boost overall long-term healing. Promoting blood flow to the injury will help to minimize the growth of scar tissue, increase flexibility and helping prevent atrophy.
- Physical Therapy - Surgery is usually the last resort. This means doctors or surgeons typically won't perform a surgery until they feel that their patient has put effort into treating their injury with conservative treatment methods. This can include months of physical therapy. If you haven't experienced any improvement in your condition during that time then surgery may be considered. Aggressive physical therapy approaches will focus on forced or manual manipulation of your joint - this means your physical therapists will be trying to move your frozen joint past the point of comfort as they strive to increase range of motion and prevent further atrophy. This can be painful and end up making your injury worse if not done correctly. (reference: 1)
- Stretching - Stretching your joint in physical therapy and at home will help you to regain your range of motion much faster than not stretching at all. Stretching in many ways is key maintaining good Range of Motion (ROM) in your joint, and stretching can be made much easier with use of a T•Shellz Wrap® before to warm up soft tissue, and a Cold Compress or Ice Pack treatment after to prevent any return of swelling and inflammation.
- If you suffer from flat feet, your doctor may recommend arch supports. This will reduce symptoms and remove the added stress on the popliteus muscle injury.
Be Careful About Cortisone
Steroid injections can provide temporary relief from the pain of soft tissue related injuries and are very popular. However, frequent injections should generally be avoided if possible as they weaken tendons and may lead to a rupture. If you do opt for an injection, doctors usually recommend that you do not participate in strenuous activities for several weeks to reduce the risk of a rupture.
"In other words, in some way, the cortisone shots impede full recovery, and compared with those adopting a wait-and-see policy, those getting the shots 'are worse off'. Those people receiving multiple injections may be at particularly high risk for continuing damage. (reference: Reynolds, G. (1288). Phys Ed: Do Cortisone Shots Actually Make Things Worse?. Well. Retrieved 17 November 2016, from website)
"Complications of cortisone shots can include:
"Risks - Cortisone Shots - Mayo Clinic". 2016. Mayoclinic.Org. Accessed November 17 2016. website
- Joint Infection
- Nerve Damage
- Thinning of skin & soft tissue around injection site
- Temporary Flare of Pain & Inflammation in the Joint
- Tendon Weakening or Rupture
- Thinning of Nearby Bone
- Death of Nearby Bone
- Temporary Increase in Blood Sugar"
Effective Conservative Treatment Options
If your doctor's decided that your leg pain can be treated with conservative treatment, you can join our many customers who have had great success in treating themselves with the powerful, conservative treatment products we offer through AidMyMuscle - the Cold Compress or Ice Pack and T•Shellz Wrap®.
If you need to have surgery, talk to your doctor about using these same products for post-surgery recovery. You'll find them effective for reducing post-surgery inflammation, enhancing range of motion and minimizing the growth of scar tissue in your popliteus tendon.
No one is immune to muscle strain or tendinitis. You can easily reduce your risk of further injury with consistent conservative treatments
Step 1 - Reduce Pain & Swelling with a good cold pack and Arnica Pain Relief Cream
The 1st step for conservative treatment of your popliteus tendinitis is to reduce the swelling to "open up" the area for more blood flow. Anyone in the health-care business knows that your blood supplies the oxygen and much needed nutrients required to heal any soft tissue injuries. This is why for years doctors, trainers and other medical professional have recommended RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) to treat the pain and swelling of fresh injuries, chronic pain, and after any re-injury.
Note: If you are suffering from a tendinosis injury that has been going on for awhile, there may be little to no inflammation. In such cases, you can skip the cold treatment. Anytime you are experiencing significant pain, you may find our Arnica Infusion Pain Relief Cream to be quite helpful.
If you are experiencing pain and swelling in the very early stages of the injury (first 48 to 72 hours), the first step in a conservative treatment protocol would be to focus on reducing the discomfort by applying a quality cold pack to the injured muscle along with a high quality pain relief cream such as our Arnica Infusion Cream.
Not only will you use your cold pack for the first 48 to 72 hours after the injury, but you should also use it during other stages of the healing process. Some examples include...
- after any activity that stresses the leg and/or knee in a moderate way. It is wise to quickly apply cold therapy to not only reduce the pain, but to also minimize tissue damage that may have occurred during the prior event.
- If you have a job that requires you to place some demands on your injured leg. If that is the case, use cold therapy immediately following work and if the opportunity allows - use it for 15 to 20 minutes during lunch or another break time.
- If you are in a post-operative situation where cold compression therapy would be utilized heavily for at least the first few weeks following the procedure. Similarly, if you are scheduled for upcoming surgery, then you will need a high quality cold therapy device to use.
Having a Cold Compress or Ice Pack available at home to use if and when the need arises is helpful. Many of you already do so.
However, too many people over-focus on cold therapy while ignoring the most critical aspect to healing - nourishing the injured tissues with a healthy supply of blood flow needed to repair and rebuild the injured tissues.
This leads to the most important recommendation...
Stage 2: Focus on Increasing Blood Flow To The Injured Tissue - As This is The ONLY Way It Will Heal For the Long-Term
Even though the concept is simple, improving blood flow to injured tissues can be difficult. Traditional methods require your muscle to move to promote blood flow (exercise), but that same motion that promotes blood flow can at times lead to making your pain and condition worse.
Promoting blood flow within a muscle or soft tissue injury to help the body heal itself is a concept that has been utilized for centuries. This is where the focus has to be if you are seeking long-term improvement.
Oxygen and nutrients, carried within the blood, are critical for the body to heal itself. Without proper blood flow, recovering from an injury or condition will be delayed...sometimes for a very long period of time.
The real challenge is how do you promote blood flow to an injured area without causing further injury? This goal is further complicated by the fact that your knees are involved in lot of strenuous and/or repetitive movements performed each day.
When people think blood flow beyond exercise, they instantly think "heating pad". Unfortunately, many individuals make the mistake in believing that a simple heating pad or microwavable gel packs will provide the blood flow needed to heal injured soft tissue. Nothing could be further from the truth.
To begin with, heating pads and warmed gel packs work on conduction. The heat they generate has to be forced through multiple layers of skin and fatty tissues. With each layer of skin the heat passes through, there is a corresponding energy loss because that heat is absorbing into each layer it passes through- the skin is an excellent insulator! Your body responds to this heat by increasing the blood flow near your skins surface (not in your injured tissue) to dissipate the heat and it does so quite effectively.
By the time what little heat reaches below the skin, sub-dermal layer and fat layer into the targeted area (the dense, injured tissues), very little energy remains and this does not effectively enhance blood flow. With little blood flow reaching these injured tissues - healing just doesn't happen.
The heating pad may feel comforting when on the body, but that is because the warmth is absorbing into the skin. Moist heat has been believed to be more effective at warming internal tissues versus dry heat, because it is believed that water transfers heat more quickly than through air. Clinical studies do not support that popular belief.
When you are using a heating pad, all that you are really accomplishing is warming of the skin. The unintended consequence is that you draw blood flow AWAY from the targeted tissues (the injured ones deeper in the body) and direct the blood flow to the surface of the body.
Warming the skin will not significantly contribute to healing of deep tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage).
So If A Heating Pad Is Not The Answer, What Is?
In order to effectively stimulate blood flow to the dense tissue deep within the body, an energy based on an electromagnetic principal (diathermy) is needed. In essence, this is a conversion energy vs a conductive heat (like the heating pad example above - that is conductive heat).
Electromagnetic energy waves are not conductive heat waves - they are a much longer wavelength and hence, penetrate deep into the body. They are very safe and very effective as research over decades has shown. The F.D.A recognizes this as fact.
When these energy waves are emitted,they penetrate right through your skin and fat layers until they are absorbed by tissue high in protein. This means ligaments, muscles, cartilage, tendons and bone. Once they reach the targeted areas, they are absorbed and quickly converted into thermal energy... right at the location of the injury.
This results in relaxation of the vessel walls. The vessels then gently expand, allowing for more nutrient rich blood flow along with extra oxygen and antibodies to reach the damaged tissues. Plus, the enhanced blood flow helps in flushing cell waste and fluid build-up from the injury site - further enhancing the ability of the body to heal.
As mentioned above, standard heating pads and heated gel packs accomplish the exact opposite of your goals. They direct blood flow to the skin, not to the injured muscles and soft tissues you are trying to heal.
Electromagnetic energy is a form of energy will easily penetrate through clothing, skin, and fatty tissues... directly into your injured muscles and soft tissues within the leg. After the energy absorbs into soft tissue around the area (tendons,muscles,ligaments), the metabolic response then kick starts the repair and rebuilding process.
More blood now begins to flow effectively to the injured tissues deep within the body. The injured tissue needs the extra blood flow to heal as it is through the blood the body carries the oxygen, nutrients, and antibodies needed for proper and long-term healing.
While the concept of electromagnetic energy is slowly catching on in North America, the truth is, it is a technology that has been utilized in other societies for decades. Over the past 30 years, researchers in Japan and China have completed extensive studies on the use of the modality and their findings have been impressive. In addition, success has been reported in studies from countries such as Sweden and Germany.
Research is continuing and soon, much of North America will know what the Far East and Europe has known for a long time; electromagnetic energy provides a wide range of health benefits for those not only suffering from strains or tendinitis injuries, but for many other ailments (plantar fasciitis, bursitis, tenosynovitis, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff damage, etc.) as well.
Now, on to recommendation number two in the journey to heal your injured popliteus...
The Back T•Shellz Wrap® - Heal Your Popliteus For The Long Term
The best option we came across in our research to accomplish true healing of leg & knee injuries through home conservative treatment is the Knee T•Shellz Wrap®. Use of this device results in a dramatic increase in blood flow to the injured soft tissue located deep within the body - all in a non-invasive manner.
There is NO BRACING in the T•Shellz Wrap®. This means you can wear it comfortably ANYWHERE AROUND THE KNEE - Front, Back or Side!
Using a T•Shellz Wrap® will not expose you to the risk of causing further harm to soft tissue like you can when using rigorous exercise. The Knee T•Shellz Wrap® accomplishes the goal of enhanced blood flow without the need for intensive exercise and as such reduces your risk of re-injury.
T•Shellz Wrap® = Accelerated Healing Power for Your Injury
The T•Shellz Wrap® is based on the scientifically validated principal of Electromagnetic energy as we discussed previously. This form of treatment is safe and effective as shown in numerous studies which can be referenced through the National Library of Medicine. Professional athletes and those in the medical field have been users of the technology for decades - it really hasn't been until recently that companies like ours introduced the treatment devices to the home user.
The healing energy from the T•Shellz Wrap® does not absorb into the skin - it absorbs directly into the damaged muscle and soft tissue (as a result, you will not feel the same level of heat on the skin versus a heating pad). The longer wavelength provides the electromagnetic energy wrap with the capability of penetrating deep into the body (well over two and a half inches).
EM energy emitted from the T•Shellz Wrap® is absorbed by high protein tissue (muscle, tendon, ligament, cartilage) and is converted into Kinetic energy - much of this energy being released as heat. Overall, EM energy will warm soft tissues, improve blood circulation, and boost metabolism and enzyme activity. In stimulating localized blood flow to damaged soft tissue, you provide needed oxygen, nutrients, and antibodies to regenerate new, healthy collagen. In addition, you will experience a clearing of toxins and excess fluid build up from the injury site. Over the intermediate term, this helps to reduce incidents of swelling as trapped fluids will be whisked away - reducing pressure on blood vessels.
Using the T•Shellz Wrap® is truly a unique experience. Within moments of applying a treatment to your injured arm, you can feel the healing sensation due to the increase in blood flow deep within the area. During a treatment, and for quite some time after you finish, the treated area will feel relaxed and less painful. It's a very soothing sensation and extremely effective.
Who Should Use the T•Shellz Wrap®
We recommend the use of a T•Shellz Wrap®:
- If you have injured tendons, muscle or any soft tissue in your back, shoulder or neck, then the T•Shellz Wrap® will accelerate your healing.
- If you are dealing with conditions affecting your range of motion such as tendinosis, tenosynovitis, or even arthritis.
- If you have a chronic muscle condition that has lasted for years- this device will help start the rebuilding process and help strengthen the surrounding and supporting tissues. Many of our past clients had suffered for years, then were completely amazed at the results only after a few months of treatments.
- If you are still working with a sore knee, the T•Shellz Wrap® will help relax injured soft tissue prior to work and after a day at the job.
- If you are still trying to enjoy your favorite activities such as gardening, tennis, golf, etc - use the T•Shellz Wrap® prior to activity to help reduce chances of re-injuring or re-aggravating those targeted tissues.
- If you are suffering from bursitis and want to treat the major source of it (secondary damage to the muscle and tendon surrounding the bursa sac). Through overuse or degenerative changes in the shoulder, muscle and tendons surrounding bursa sacs will tighten and constrict. When they do, they place pressure on the bursa, causing it to become irritated. Applying a soothing and deep penetrating energy to the shoulder relaxes the tissues and takes the pressure off the bursa.
- If you have been to physical therapy for some form of regenerative therapy and your physical therapist or physician told you to get a radiant energy wrap for your knee, then this is exactly what you need.
- If you have injured your shoulder or back and need surgery, then this is exactly what you need after your surgery to help the surgically repaired tissues rebuild for long-term health.(once the surgery wound has healed)
- If you are experiencing atrophy in your shoulder or neck (usually due to immobility) and want to reduce the chance of re-injury while stretching - this is a perfect treatment to use every time before you stretch.
Increased Blood Circulation = Increased Healing Rate
T•Shellz Wraps® contain a Carbon Fiber Energy Pad which is flexible and will shape to conform to your body. This Energy Pad emits a uniform wave of perfectly safe electromagnetic energy over its entire surface. This energy travels deep inside to the soft tissue in your muscles, ligaments and tendons, stimulating blood flow your own body needs to heal your injury. It is the electromagnetic energy that is crucial to the healing process.
Best of all...
The T•Shellz Wraps® are FDA Registered Medical Devices and are suitable for use in therapeutic clinics and FROM HOME. It is completely safe for people and patients to use for themselves.
As mentioned earlier, the use of electromagnetic energy is becoming much more commonplace in North America for everyday people. The technology has been used for decades in the worlds of professional and amateur - a contributing factor as to why athletes seem to recover from injuries so quickly.
Have you ever wondered by an athlete can return to activity after 3 or 4 weeks following a significant muscle strain - while your average person takes much longer to return back to normal? The secret isn't really that much of a secret - it involves consistent treatments (meaning multiple times a day) using a diathermy treatment like the T•Shellz Wrap® to stimulate blood flow to the injured tissues. Most athletes have the luxury of using in-house therapy facilities many times per day.
How many us can afford the time and money to visit a therapy clinic multiple times a day? Very few indeed. This is how you can gain the same advantage that athletes enjoy in healing their own injuries - by using a device like the T•Shellz Wrap® two or three times a day on a consistent basis.
Consistent Treatments = Consistent And Long Term Improvement
What Else Makes the T•Shellz Wrap® So Special?
We believe the T•Shellz Wrap® to be one of the most effective treatments to stimulate blood flow to dense, injured tissues such as muscles, tendons, ligaments, and other similar tissues.
We can promise that you will receive a product that is designed to be safe and does what it is supposed to do...quickly relieve pain and aid in the recovery from tendon, muscle and other soft tissue injuries.
The unit plugs into a standard wall outlet to get its power. The nice thing about the power supply is that the same unit can be used in North America and overseas as well. It has the capability to operate between 110v and 230v.
It has a special signal controller that can be set for 3 different power levels of application (3=High, 2=Medium, 1=Low). The cord is long so you can sit or lie comfortably and watch TV, read or surf the net while you're using it.
Treatments are max 30 minutes in duration and the device can be worn over clothing. This allows you to use the device at work, at home, or really anywhere you have access to an electrical outlet.
...A Quick Recap of Benefits That Can Be Achieved Via the T•Shellz Wrap®..
- We have T•Shellz Wraps® that can fit on the back, hip, leg, arm, shoulder, knee, wrist and ankle
- Targeted treatment of soft tissue injuries such as Tendinosis, Tenosynovitis, Tendon Tears, Bursitis, Impingement, Arthritis, etc
- It can be used before exercise to warm up your leg or arm to reduce the risk of injury
- FDA Registered medical device for use in home or clinics - very high quality
- Increases temporary flexibility and length of soft tissue (reducing the re-injury factor)
- It soothes pain and whisks away toxins
- Carbon fiber Energy Pad is strong, lightweight, and flexible - contours very easily
- It provides deep heat, which the body responds to by increasing blood flow. Increased blood flow enhances the healing rate - saving time and money when associated with extended doctor or physical therapist visits
- it is an outstanding tool for post-surgery rehabilitation, getting you back to work faster
- The T•Shellz Wrap®is an FDA Registered medical device available for use at home or in clinics. Each wrap comes with a 1 year full warranty & a full 60 day trial period
When Should I Use My TShellz Wrap During the Day?
The most common question we receive from individuals prior to purchasing is - how many times a day should I be using my wrap(s) and when should I be using them? While treatment plans will differ for each individual and their specific injury, there are general guidelines that should be adhered to.
- Use a Cold Compress or Ice Pack when you are experiencing inflammation (usually after exertion or movement of the injury area).
The T•Shellz Wrap® would then be used:
- Right after rising from bed in the morning (as this is when it is most stiff)
- Prior to going to bed at night (to relax the knee and legs, allowing for better sleep)
- Before you know you will be using your injured joint (hiking, going to work, driving, etc).
Stage 3 - In Between Treatments With T•Shellz Wrap®, Apply Our New Fast Acting Pain Relief Cream Called ARNICA INFUSION
Dealing with aches and pains affecting the foot, ankle, leg, knee, hamstring, hip, back, arm, shoulder, elbow, wrist, or hand? If so, then applying the Arnica Infusion to any of these targeted areas will bring about fast relief from the pain and sore tissues. Simply apply a small amount of cream to the body and moments later, you will experience a soothing and comforting sensation over the area.
Arnica Infusion is specially designed to relieve pain due to sore muscles and joints associated with arthritis, backaches, sprains, strains, and bruises. No matter if you are dealing with an acute injury, chronic pain, or a general "flare-up" - you will experience fast relief from pain and inflammation.
This is a product that many of our current MendMeShop customers asked us to develop. So we focused our time and resources over the past few years and came up, with we believe, will be one of more effective, fast acting, topical pain relief creams on the market.
You are likely familiar with some of the standard topical agents on the market as most of our customers use them. The are mass marketed and even found in most department stores now.
Well, we are here to say that Arnica Infusion goes many steps beyond what they offer.
Made in the USA at an FDA registered manufacturing facility, you can be assured that Arnica Infusion is both safe and effective. We only source top grade ingredients while implementing strict quality control checks during every step of the production process. Expect the same high quality that MendMeShop customers have been accustomed to since we started the company in 2005.
The "Cool Blue" formula is the perfect balance between the smooth application of a cream and the effective absorbing factor of a gel. It is not too thick and not too thin - just the right texture. Best of all, it feels very nice on the skin!
Each application of Arnica Infusion feels so comforting and soothing, we are certain it will become an item you will not want to live without.
Arnica Infusion Ingredients
The Arnica Infusion formula is based on a combination of scientific research and the use of high quality ingredients. The properties within the formula were chosen for their pain relief, anti-inflammatory, and soothing qualities.
The acting ingredients within the formula include ones many of us are familiar with; along with ones that have not received a lot of publicity (only in research circles). Extensive testing resulted in a blending of ingredients that provides the most synergistic of benefits.
The notable ingredients in the Arnica Infusion formula include:
- Arnica - powerful anti-inflammatory, speeds recovery, enhances circulation
- Menthol - provides deep penetrating pain relief with a nice cooling sensation
- Vitamin B6 - promotes normal nerve function
- MSM - supports healthy connective tissues, anti-inflammatory
- Ilex Leaf Extract - increases circulation, skin conditioner
- Vitamin E - anti-inflammatory, enhances circulation, hydrates the skin
- Aloe - anti-inflammatory properties, soothes the skin
- Tea Tree - enhances penetration of ingredients
Extensive quality control procedures during the manufacturing process ensure the ingredients and final product are both safe and effective. We would not stake our reputation on anything but the best.
When Do I Apply the Arnica Infusion?
While At Work
Apply Arnica Infusion at work to help reduce acute discomfort associated with overuse of muscles and joints. No matter if you are in a physical demanding job or work within an office environment, you will be placing stress on different parts of the body and aches and pains will result.
Before Or After Work, Sports, & Activity
If you suffer from a sprained ligament, pulled muscle, strained tendon, or even bruising - apply Arnica Infusion for quick relief of the pain.
Chronic Pain Suffering
Application of Arnica Infusion can be done up to a maximum of 4 times per day on a consistent basis to help bring about relief from various pains and aches.
In-between Treatments With the T•Shellz Wraps®
Follow up your T•Shellz and Cold treatments with an application of Arnica Infusion. Combine the pain relieving benefits of Arnica Infusion along with the healing benefits of the wraps to make your recovery go much more smoothly.
Do not apply Arnica Infusion within a 2 hour timespan before a T•Shellz Wrap® treatment.
Whether you decide to use the Arnica Infusion in conjunction with the T-Shell and other treatments - or if you decide to use the cream as a stand-alone product - you will not be disappointed with the results. We guarantee it.
A Note On OverCompensation
The longer your injury endures, the greater the risk of running into serious overcompensation injuries.
To Stop Re-Injury & Reduce the Risk of a More Serious Overcompensation Injury, You Need to Heal Quickly & Completely!
Anyone in need of rapid recovery and complete healing must consider a comprehensive treatment plan that includes an effective means to minimize swelling and inflammation yet also stimulate healing and tissue elasticity. We have found no better set of tools that can be used at home than this:
What You Definitely Need to Successfully Treat
& Heal Your Trapezius Strain at Home:
- A TShellz Wrap to increase Blood-flow to the injured upper back (Blood Circulation Boost Therapy).
- MendMeShop Arnica Pain Cream for temporary relief of pain due to sore muscles and joints.
- An Exercise & Stretching Plan to prevent muscle atrophy and shortened tendons. A proper plan will increase elasticity and strengthen the muscles of the upper arm, shoulder, neck and back.
Conservative treatment tools just like these have been used successfully by thousands of tendinosis injury sufferers - just like you.
We believe the use of T•Shellz Wraps® for effective treatment of soft tissue injuries is one of the most under-utilized home treatment options available on the market today. We have thousands of customers that have tried many options out there and have been amazed at how effective and fast the TShellz Wrap treatment can heal soft tissue injuries.
With regular use of the TShellz Wrap:
- Your pain will be reduced.
- Your injury will heal at an accelerated rate with reduced potential for re-injury.
- Your knee and leg will have a larger range of motion and increased extensibility of collagen tissue. (Chapter 9 of "Therapeutic Heat and Cold", 4th edition.
(amazon.com link - Ed. Justus F. Lehmann, M.D., Williams, and Wilkin)
Click HERE to Go To Our Online Store If you have questions, call our office at 1-866-237-9608 (toll free continental US).
Our Devices Are Not Only Used To Help Heal Active Injuries - They Can Also Be Used Post-Operative to Accelerate Healing
Doctors and Surgeons are always improving the techniques used in surgery, and results from surgery now are much more positive than they were in the past. However, all surgeries introduce scar tissue, and recovery from knee surgery can be less than ideal and take longer than anticipated.
If you do wind up getting surgery, know that rehabilitation at-home while attending regular physical therapy or doctor appointments is vital for your overall recovery.
Consistent exercise and conservative treatment on a daily basis during your rehabilitation while working with your doctor or physical therapist is key. This is why you should seriously consider maximizing your recovery by using the T•Shellz Wrap® at home once you are approved for physical therapy.
The more consistent you work at enhancing blood flow to surgically repaired soft tissue, the more consistent the healing process will be. Nourishing the tissues will more oxygen and nutrients (which are carried through the blood stream) will give the body a better ability to produce new, healthy collagen. In effect, you will help the body produce stronger tissues while potentially reducing the number of setbacks that can occur following surgical procedures.
Click HERE to Go To Our Online Store We take all major credit cards and Paypal.
If you have questions, call our office at 1-866-237-9608 (toll free continental US).
We are currently offering FREE SHIPPING and a 60 day trial period on all our Wraps.
Are you still unsure about placing an order? let me address some questions that may causing some hesitation...
What is the success rate of the T•Shellz Wraps®? Do they really work?
The short answer is - yes, the T•Shellz Wraps® are highly effective at conservative home treatment devices. We try and keep in touch with a large percentage of our customers, and we encourage them to do the same. In doing so, we have received a lot of feedback as we have sold Electromagnetic Devices since 2008.
We can say that the return rate on our products is only around 5% any given month. That is exceptional by anyone's standards and shows that the overwhelming majority of people who purchase from us do achieve benefits with our products.
What is the difference between the T•Shellz Wrap® and a standard heating pad?
The differences between the T•Shellz Wrap® and heating pads, moist gel packs, etc - is a night and day comparison. Nothing like this compares to the power of "deep heat" that T•Shellz technology provides.
To begin with, heating pads and the like work on conduction. The heat has to be forced through multiple layers of skin and fatty tissues. With each layer of skin the heat passes through, there is a corresponding energy loss because that heat is absorbing into each layer it passes through. By the time the heat reaches the targeted area, very little energy is remaining and this does not effectively enhance blood flow. Without the enhanced blood flow effect to the injured tissues - healing just won't happen.
The heating pad may feel good when on the body, but that is because you are merely heating the skin. Moist heat has been believed to be more effective at warming internal tissues versus dry heat, because it is believed that water transfers heat more quickly than through air. Clinical studies do not support the popular belief.
The T•Shellz Wrap® is based on the scientifically validated principal of Electromagnetic energy. This form of treatment is safe and effective as shown in numerous studies which can be referenced through the National Library of Medicine.
The energy from the T•Shellz Wrap® ultimately will gently warm deep tissue, improve blood circulation, and boost metabolism and enzyme activity. This is why it works so well - because the body responds very well to this form energy. In stimulating blood flow to the damaged tissue, you provide the tissue with the oxygen, nutrients, and antibodies it needs to regenerate new, healthy collagen. In addition, you will experience a clearing of toxins and excess fluid build up from the injury site. Over the intermediate term, this helps to reduce incidents of swelling as trapped fluids will be whisked away - reducing pressure on vessels.
How much time do I need to dedicate for treatments? Are the products easy to use?
The T•Shellz Wraps® are very easy devices to use. After one or two uses, you will engage in the treatments with ease. Very detailed instructions are included and you are always welcome to contact us by phone or email if the need for help arises.
In regards to the T•Shellz Wrap®, it is ideal to use the device two or three times a day on average. Recommended treatment times are 15 to 20 minutes in duration; the device will turn off after 30 as a safety measure. Typically, people use the T•Shellz Wrap® before bed, upon awakening (or not long after) and one other time during the day when the opportunity presents itself. For people in an office setting, many will use the device at work (as it can be worn over clothing). For others, they will use the device an our or two after work.
A Cold Compress or Ice Pack is primarily used following activity that stresses the injured tissues (following work, after a sports activity, or just suffering a general re-injury). This is done to reduce inflammation and to minimize tissue damage. Recommended treatment length is approximately 15 to 20 minutes in duration.
How long has MendMeShop been in business
We established our firm in December of 2005. Our track record in this field continues to grow and we plan on being around for many decades to come.
What is your return policy? Is it the standard 30 days?
We go above and beyond what other companies offer - we offer a full 60 day money back guarantee with no restocking fees.
AidMyMuscle advisors do not work on commission, so be assured you will only receive fair and objective information.
We strongly believe that we can help you, and we have thousands of happy clients to back this claim. You are welcome to try our products for a 60 day period.. If you are committed to following the treatments outlined in the product instructions we are very confident that our TShellz Wraps will aid you immensely. If you do not receive the benefits that countless of our other customers have experienced from our products, call us, mail the product back to us and we will provide you with a full product refund.
Our online shop accepts Visa & Mastercard as well as a Paypal Payment option.
We also encourage your to Call Our Office at 1-866-237-9608 (toll free continental NA) where we can answer any questions you have and/or take your order via phone.
Product specialists are available 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time Monday to Friday.
If any question or concern arises, call us or simply send us an email at any time (we check our emails constantly all throughout the day and night.. even on holidays!). We will respond as soon as possible.
North America Toll Free 1-866-237-9608
Outside North America +1-705-532-1671
Learn More About Muscle Injuries & Treatments
I want to learn more about Post-Surgery Recovery
I want to learn more about muscle injury home treatment using the T•Shellz Wrap®
I want to learn more about Ice & Heat: Which Is Better For Muscle Strains/Spasms?
Do I Need Muscle Surgery?
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL PRODUCTS CURRENTLY ENABLED
During your recovery, you will probably have to modify and/or eliminate any activities that cause pain or discomfort at the location of your soft tissue injury until the pain and inflammation settle. Always consult your doctor and/or Physical Therapist before using any of our outstanding products, to make sure they are right for you and your condition. The more diligent you are with your treatment and rehabilitation, the faster you will see successful results!