More Muscle Injury Facts:
One common cause of muscle aches and pain is fibromyalgia, a condition that includes tenderness in your muscles and surrounding soft tissue, sleep difficulties, fatigue, and headaches
Muscle pain may also be caused by certain drugs, including ACE inhibitors and statins. ACE inhibitors are widely used for lowering blood pressure and statins for lowering cholesterol
Incomplete healing and re-injury can lead to a build up of scar tissue in the muscle causing further injury.
Home Conservative Guidelines:
- Use cold reduce pain, swelling.
- Use TShellz Wrap® treatments to increase blood flow in the treatment area.
- Once swelling is reduced and healing has begun, start stretching the injured joint after warming up with a TShellz Wrap®. (stretching=good, straining=bad)
Typical characteristics of a muscle injury are bruising, weakness, muscle tightness and the inability to stretch the area
Groin Strain Treatment
Groin injuries are frustrating to live with and healing can take a long time because it is nearly impossible to move in any way without irritating the groin as it is the core of the body. Re-injury is not uncommon despite that fact that it prolongs recovery and may also lead to a worsening injury and/or other conditions.
Treating a groin strain or pulled groin correctly (and quickly) is essential to getting rid of your pain and restoring function to your core. Proper treatment will get you back to regular activities sooner, stop your pain, and reduce the risk of future re-injury.
To restore strength and range of motion in the groin, treatment should focus on minimizing further damage and preventing both scar tissue formation and muscle atrophy (shrinkage and weakening of the muscle). This requires rest and the appropriate therapies at the right time. Almost all types of muscle pulls and tears (except a complete rupture) can be properly treated with trusted therapies that are available for use at home. Complete ruptures require surgery - however, using these home therapies after surgery can help speed recovery, improve function and overall range of motion.
Groin Strain Home Treatment General Guidelines
The good news is that most cases of groin strains will heal with simple home conservative treatments and surgery is often not needed!
- Rest - This is important for initial healing to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation in the early stage of your muscle injury. Without an appropriate amount of rest you are at risk for increased swelling, pain and further injury of the thigh, hip and groin muscles and tendons. However, too much rest can also be harmful as joint immobility can actually cause stiffening, overcompensation and atrophy (shortening & wasting away of soft tissue). This is why rest should be used when reducing initial pain and swelling, but should not be overdone for more long-term conservative treatment.
- Avoid Activities that Caused Your Groin Injury - While resting, it's important to avoid activities that may have caused your symptoms, including any repetitive twisting, running, jumping or perhaps even climbing stairs. This may include reduced activities in your job if that has caused the injury. Continuing on with regular activities can increase the severity of your injury, turning a mild to moderate case of muscle strain/spasm into serious damage, leading to a greater need for surgery. Continuing on with regular activities will not only make your injury worse, but trying to 'work around' your injury will eventually give rise to over-compensation injuries in other areas of your body.
- Use a Cold Compress or Ice Pack - Cold is very effective at reducing pain and inflammation - use at the onset of the injury and during flareups.
- Use a TShellz® Circulatory Boost Wrap Once The Swelling is Down - You can use your own blood flow to maximize your rehabilitation, maintain healthy blood flow to your soft tissue, decrease recovery time, and reduce re-injury risk. Promoting blood flow to the injury using a warming treatment will help to minimize the growth of scar tissue and increase flexibility. This is why we recommend TShellz Wrap before undergoing activity - an increase in flexibility should help reduce risk of further injury while also assisting in the battle against atrophy. Heat via the TShellz Wrap® is especially helpful in dealing with chronic tendon & muscle injuries or on-going pain and stiffness from muscle strain.
If your groin injury is in the upper leg, use a Leg/Arm TShellz Wrap®, if the injury is in the abdomen or hip, use a Back/Hip TShellz Wrap®.
- If stabilizing the lower back and pelvis is required, Use a Lower Back Brace - If you are experiencing discomfort and are looking for compression in the lower back and abdomen area, this high quality lower back brace is designed to help. This brace is adjustable much like a corset, and has the added benefit of providing excellent support while undergoing activity (including support while lifting) while experiencing a groin injury. The compression level is easily adjustable and is designed not to chafe the skin. In my opinion, this support will pleasantly surprise people experiencing groin injuries, allowing them to experience significant relief from ongoing discomfort. However, if the injury is in the upper leg portion, the back brace may not be applicable - it really depends where the injury is.
- For reducing discomfort while resting, (or to get some sleep) consider a High Quality Back Pillow and/or Knee Pillow for comfort while sleeping or sitting
- Avoid Over Compensating for your Injury on your "'Healthy' (Non-Injured) Side - Many people will start limping or carrying objects with their opposite arm to compensate for their tendon injury. Our bodies can adapt easily to any changes, including a tendonitis injury. This quick adaptation could mean that you're already compensating for your injury without even knowing it!
When you compensate for your injury by using your opposite ('healthy') arm, leg, shoulder, knee, foot, etc. - then you are putting more weight and pressure on that side of your body. In many cases, your dominant side was injured (if you're right-handed this would be your right side) so your weaker side is trying to pick up the slack! The pain, stiffness, swelling and inflammation you then get on your 'healthy' side is something referred to as 'over-compensation pain'. Over-compensating for your injury can lead to other injuries and so that's why over compensation should be avoided at all costs OR treated with the same conservative treatment methods as your tendon injury.
- PT - Surgery is usually the last resort. This means doctors or surgeons typically won't perform a surgery until they feel that their patient has put effort into treating their injury with conservative treatment methods. This includes 4 to 6 months of visits to a clinic (PT). If you haven't experienced any improvement in your condition during that time then surgery may be considered.
- Stretching - Stretching your joint in PT and at home will help you to regain your range of motion much faster than not stretching at all. Stretching in many ways is key maintaining good Range of Motion (ROM) in your joint, and stretching can be made much easier with use of a TShellz Wrap® before to warm up soft tissue, and a Cold Compress or Ice Pack treatment after to prevent any return of swelling and inflammation.
When There is Swelling, Use a Cold Compress or Ice Pack on the Injury:
- for 24 to 72 hours after your initial injury or when you first notice pain and swelling in your groin/thigh to stop tissue damage, relieve pain, and decrease swelling.
- After exercise, workouts or activity of any kind to reduce risk of worsening your injury.
- Before and after surgery during rehabilitation to control pre and post-surgery pain and swelling.
- Anytime you feel the muscles in question have been over-extended, over-worked, twisted, strained or sprained causing pain and swelling.
- Anytime you have swelling, sharp throbbing pain or inflammation in the groin area.
An injury that often leads to straining in other areas (as is the case with a muscle strain) will make an overall recovery hard to initiate. People tend to "chase the pain", meaning they only focus on treating an area that is actively painful, while not taking into account the fact that other areas of the body will be overcompensating...eventually leading to issues in those areas as well. With injuries such as these, the importance of recovering quickly is often underestimated.
The TShellz® Circulatory Boost Wrap for Groin Tears and Groin Strains
We know that heat increases blood flow in soft tissue (ligaments, muscles, tendons) in the treatment area. Increased blood flow combined with heat results in relaxation of the vessel walls. The vessels then gently expand, allowing for more nutrient rich blood flow along with extra oxygen to reach damaged tissue. Plus, the enhanced blood flow helps in flushing waste and fluid build-up from the injury site - further enhancing the ability of the body to heal.
Now that the importance of localized enhanced blood flow has been established, we should talk about the TShellz Wrap®.
The best option we came across in our research to accomplish effective blood flow to soft tissue in the treatment area at home is the TShellz Wrap®. Use of this device results in an increase of blood flow within the treatment area - all in a non-invasive manner.
With a TShellz Wrap® application, more blood begins to flow effectively to soft tissue within the body - for the length of the treatment and a short duration thereafter. Deep tissue needs the extra blood flow to heal as it is through the blood the body carries the oxygen and nutrients needed for proper and long-term healing.
Have you seen what happens when you add water to a flower wilted from drought? In essence, your injured elbow is much like a "wilted" flower; your body wants to heal its injury, but needs lots of nutrients to do it. Blood brings life to your tissue by delivering healing nutrients and oxygen that are vital for their growth and survival. In addition, the blood carries away toxins and waste cleaning the area and healing it faster. Without a good supply of blood, your elbow simply won't heal properly.
Using a TShellz Wrap® will not expose you to the risk of causing further harm to soft tissue like you can when using rigorous exercise. The Elbow TShellz Wrap® accomplishes the goal of enhanced blood flow without the need for intensive exercise and as such reduces your risk of re-injury.
Increased Blood Circulation = Increased Healing Capability
TShellz Wraps® contain a unique Carbon Fiber Energy Pad which is flexible and will shape to conform to your body. This Energy Pad emits a uniform wave of perfectly safe energy over its entire surface. This energy is absorbed by soft tissue in the treatment area, opening blood vessels, resulting in an increase in blood flow. Increased blood circulation is what your body needs to accelerate the healing of soft tissue and this is why we recommend the TShellz Wrap®.
The TShellz Wrap® is an FDA Registered Medical Device and is suitable for use in therapeutic clinics and FROM HOME. It is completely safe for people and patients to use for themselves.
The technology found in a TShellz Wrap® has been used for decades in the worlds of professional and amateur sports - a contributing factor as to why athletes seem to recover from injuries so quickly.
Have you ever wondered by an athlete can return to activity after 3 or 4 weeks following a soft tissue injury - while your average person takes much longer to return back to normal? The secret isn't really that much of a secret - it involves consistent treatments (meaning multiple times a day) using a treatment like the TShellz Wrap® to stimulate blood flow to the injured tissues. Most athletes have the luxury of using in-house facilities many times per day.
How many us can afford the time and money to visit a clinic multiple times a day? Very few indeed. This is how you can gain some of the advantages that athletes enjoy in their injury recovery - by using a device like the TShellz Wrap® two or three times a day on a consistent basis.
Consistent Treatments = Consistent And Long Term Improvement
What Else Makes the TShellz Wrap® So Special?
We believe the TShellz Wrap® to be one of the most effective home treatments to increase localized blood flow to soft tissue in and around the treatment area.
We can promise that you will receive a product that is designed to be safe and does what it is supposed to do... reduce pain (as stated in "Therapeutic Heat and Cold", 4th edition. - Ed. Justus F. Lehmann, M.D., Williams, and Wilkin) temporarily increase length & flexibility of soft tissue (as stated in "Therapeutic Heat and Cold", 4th edition. - Ed. Justus F. Lehmann, M.D., Williams, and Wilkin) and aid your body in recovering from tendon, muscle and other soft tissue injuries via enhanced blood flow.
The unit plugs into a standard wall outlet to get its power. The nice thing about the power supply is that the same unit can be used in North America and overseas as well. It has the capability to operate between 110v and 230v.
The TShellz Wrap® has a special signal controller that can be set for 3 different power levels of application (3=High, 2=Medium, 1=Low). The cord is long enough that you can sit or lie comfortably and watch TV, read or surf the net while you're using it.
Treatments are max 30 minutes in duration and the device can be worn over clothing. This allows you to use the device at work, at home, or really anywhere you have access to an electrical outlet.
When To Use a TShellz Wrap®
- After swelling and inflammation have been reduced.
- Before exercise or workouts to warm up muscles and tendons of the groin to reduce risk of re-injury.
- Before and after surgery during rehabilitation to warm up your tissues before PT exercising or stretching. For Post-Surgery, only use a TShellz Wrap® after the wound has healed, swelling is gone and you have been assigned stretches for home (minimum 6 weeks after surgery).
- Anytime you feel muscles/tendons in your upper leg/groin have stiffened up, are tight and your mobility is reduced causing you more pain.
- Anytime you have sore or aching tissue in the area.
- Any other situation where you need to increase heat and blood flow to your groin area to relieve pain, help reduce re-injury risk and enhance flexibility of your tissue.
When Should I Use My TShellz Wrap During the Day?
The most common question we receive from individuals prior to purchasing is - how many times a day should I be using my TShellz Wraps and when should I be using them? While treatment plans will differ for each individual and their specific injury, there are general guidelines that should be adhered to.
- Use a Cold Compress or Ice Pack when you are experiencing inflammation (usually after exertion or movement of the injury area).
The TShellz Wrap® would then be used:
- Right after rising from bed in the morning (as this is when it is most stiff)
- Prior to going to bed at night (to relax the hip and groin, allowing for better sleep)
- Before you know you will be active (going to work, driving, typing, etc).
Who Should Use the TShellz Wrap®
We recommend the use of a TShellz Wrap®:
- If you have injured tendons, ligaments or muscle, then the TShellz Wrap® will provide the all-important function of boosting blood circulation where it is needed most.
- If you are dealing with soft tissue conditions affecting your range of motion such as an impingement or even arthritis.
- If you have a chronic soft tissue condition that has lasted for years- this device is intended to kick start the recovery process and help strengthen surrounding and supporting tissues.
- If you have tight or shortened muscles that are a high risk of strain- this device is designed to heat tissue - a known and proven way to increase length, elasticity and flexibility of muscles, tendons and ligaments. The TShellz Wrap® is basically a home treatment device to reduce your risk of incurring further soft tissue strain.
- If you are still working with an soft tissue injury, the TShellz Wrap® will help relax injured soft tissue prior to work and after a day at the job.
- If you are still trying to enjoy your favorite activities such as gardening, tennis, golf, etc - use the TShellz Wrap® prior to activity to help reduce chances of re-injuring or re-aggravating those targeted tissues.
- If you are suffering from bursitis and want to treat a major source of it (inflammation and damage to tissue surrounding the bursa sac). Through trauma, overuse or degenerative changes, muscle and tendons surrounding the bursa sacs will tighten and constrict. When they do, they place pressure on the bursa, causing it to become irritated. Applying a TShellz Wrap® to the area will help relax tissue in the treatment area, taking pressure off the bursa.
- If you have been to a clinic for some form of massage or stretching and your PT or physician has recommended stretching and/or conservative treatments for home.
- If you have upcoming surgery scheduled for your soft tissue injury, then you will find a blood circulation booster to be a powerful tool after surgery to help surgically repaired tissues recover for long-term health. (once the surgery wound has healed and your physician has given the ok - minimum 6 weeks after surgery)
- If you are experiencing atrophy in your joint and want to reduce the risk of re-injury (or further injury) while stretching - we recommend its use every time before you stretch.
We strongly believe that we can help you as we have thousands of happy, satisfied customers to back this claim. You are welcome to try our products for a 60 day period.. If you are committed to following the treatments outlined in the product instructions we are very confident that our TShellz Wraps will aid you immensely. If you do not receive the benefits that countless of our other customers have experienced from our products, call us, mail the product back to us and we will provide you with a full product refund.
Our online shop accepts Visa & Mastercard as well as a Paypal Payment option.
We also encourage your to Call Our Office at 1-866-237-9608 (toll free continental NA) where we can answer any questions you have and/or take your order via phone.
Product specialists are available 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time Monday to Friday.
If any question or concern arises, call us or simply send us an email at any time (we check our emails constantly all throughout the day and night.. even on holidays!). We will respond as soon as possible.
North America Toll Free 1-866-237-9608
Outside North America +1-705-532-1671
Learn More About Muscle Injuries & Treatments
I want to learn more about Post-Surgery Recovery
I want to learn more about muscle injury home treatment using the TShellz Wrap®
I want to learn more about Ice & Heat: Which Is Better For Muscle Strains/Spasms?
Do I Need Muscle Surgery?
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL PRODUCTS CURRENTLY ENABLED
During your recovery, you will probably have to modify and/or eliminate any activities that cause pain or discomfort at the location of your soft tissue injury until the pain and inflammation settle. Always consult your doctor and/or Physical Therapist before using any of our outstanding products, to make sure they are right for you and your condition. The more diligent you are with your treatment and rehabilitation, the faster you will see successful results!
Muscle Injury Facts:
There are approximately 639 muscles in the human body
Muscle aches and pains are common and can involve more than one muscle
Muscle pain also can involve ligaments, tendons, and fascia, the soft tissues that connect muscles, bones, and organs
Oral medications can mask the pain but do not aid in the healing of a muscle injury. Anti-inflammatories and pain killers can cause muscle related injuries to worsen
Muscle pain also can be a sign of conditions affecting your whole body, like some infections and disorders that affect connective tissues throughout the body
Most common cause of muscle aches & pains:
- Injury or trauma including sprains and strains
- Overuse: using a muscle too much, too soon, too often
- Tension or stress